This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Oops

An evening visit to Littlesea, The Fleet showed that the Hume's Warbler was still present. Also, the Black Redstart was still in residence. Otherwise, all the usual suspects, with 3 Grey Plovers the only other birds of note.

Last Saturday, the army got into a bit of bother whilst trying to get over to the Chesil Beach and their sentry points. It happened to be a very low tide. Now whether their little boat thingy wasn't up to the job, or they took a wrong turn I don't know. What I do know is, they got well and truly stuck. Sorry lads, but it did look funny from where me and my mate Fred were stood. I can imagine though, that you were pretty annoyed. Still, I'm sure you can laugh about it now.

No comments: