This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Friday, 29 June 2012

One Good Tern

Just when you thought June was going out with a whimper, it ends on a bang. A cracking Gull-billed Tern decided to drop into Lodmoor this afternoon, allowing many a local birder to enjoy it. Great find Bob. Also, cheers for the calls everyone.





Now, this was my attempt at a flight shot. Really wasn't concentrating.


Luckily though, Nick Hopper was on the case and has kindly allowed me to use his flight shot, thus showing to full affect my total incompetence.


Now that's more like it. Cheers for that Nick. Bloody good photo that, me thinks. © Nick Hopper.

No comments: