This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Thursday, 9 August 2012

A Patch Tick At The End Of The Day

In fact, it was practically dark. Thanks must go to Paul and Ken, for giving me the gen, Duncan, for getting me onto the bird and Colin, for letting me look at the bird through his superb telescope. Of course, it was the finder, Charlie, who deserves all our thanks for finding a superb adult Buff-breasted Sandpiper at Ferrybridge. Talk about just scraping in on a Fleet tick.

Photo was taken at 9.10pm, hence the poor record shot.

Earlier on in the day, went looking for Honey Buzzards and saw one distant male. On returning home, a phone call from Luke telling me that he had found a male Lesser Emperor at Radipole Lake, was enough to send me scurrying down there. After a few hours and some frustrating moments, I did connect with it, but wasn't the best of views, so like the sandpiper, I hope that sticks tomorrow.

No comments: