This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Sunday, 12 August 2012

A Splattering

Did a bit of birding on The Fleet today. All the usual suspects at Ferrybridge. Next, I decided to do the Moonfleet/Herbury area, as it's looks to have potential at the moment. There was a small selection of common migrants, which kept my interest going. As for waders, it was very poor with just 3 Common Sandpipers being of any note. Lots of gulls here at the moment though, but nothing of any note.


Young male Migrant Hawker.

Whitethroat.

Spotted Flycatcher.

Whinchat.

Mediterranean Gulls are building up in numbers.

Sand Martin.

Swifts were still moving through.

On the way home, popped into see my friend Ian, who kindly invited me in for a coffee. His slowly maturing garden was attractive to migrants today, with a few Willow Warblers trapped and ringed whilst I was there.


One of the Willow Warblers in Ian's garden.

Something from the other day.


Juvenile Great Crested Grebe at Radipole lake. I just liked this image.

And now for a new section on me blog

Over Me House

This is where I get self indulgent and show stuff going, well, over me house. I've certainly had some good birds over me pad, like Black Kite, Honey Buzzards, Ruff, Waxwings, Snow Bunting, etc. So, let's see where this goes and what images I can capture. 
  
Buzzard. Regular over the house.

The Fleet Vs Portland Update

The Fleet = 48 points, with Buff-breasted Sandpiper adding to the total.

Portland = 29 points, with Melodious and Aquatic Warblers adding to the total. Now, I'd like to give 5 points for Aquatic, 'cause it should be a B.B rarity, but rules are rules.

No comments: