This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Sunday, 9 September 2012

A Request

Firstly, I think it's time to update the scores for.....

The Fleet Vs Portland.

The Fleet = 52 points with Woodchat Shrike, Cattle Egret and a couple of Wrynecks adding to the scores.

Portland = 36 points with Hoopoe, 3 Wrynecks, Long-tailed Skua, Grey Phalarope and Sabine's Gull adding to the score.

Now, I thought, what if we bring the Weymouth Reserves into the competition. Thought it would be interesting to compare. So, what is the score for Radipole and Lodmoor reserves? Well, it's a whopping 79 points.

Now for that request.

As you know, each month I do a blast from the past. I'd like others to get involved, so this is where I need your help. I'm looking for photos of the following birds for Blast From The Past (October).

Siberian Stonechat on Portland in 1987.
Rustic Bunting on Portland in 1987.
Northern Parula on Portland in 1988.
Desert Wheatear on Portland in 1991.
Red-flanked Bluetail at Winspit in 1993.
Desert Wheatear on Portland in 1994.
Sociable Plover near Poxwell in 1995.
Northern Waterthrush on Portland in 1996.
Siberian Rubythroat at Osmington in 1997.
Rustic Bunting on Portland in 1998.
Siberian Stonechat on Portland in 1998.
White-rumped Sandpiper on Lodmoor in 2000.
Western Sandpiper on Brownsea in 2004.
Arctic Warbler on Portland in 2005.

If you don't know my email address, there are people that do, so if you could contact them, as I don't want to put my email address on this blog. Obviously, you'll be credited for the photos, so if you could help, I'd be very grateful.

No comments: