This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Saturday, 1 September 2012

Black Tern At Abbotsbury Swannery

Decided to bird Merry & Linton Hills today, but it was very quiet, with a single Whinchat being the best that I could come up with. Looking down over Abbotsbury Swannery, I could see that the Black Tern, that has been around a few days, was still hawking over the meadow pool. So, I decided to go into the Swannery, thanks Steve, and view it from the hide.








Oh look, a Roe Deer.

Damn, he's spotted me. I know....

Give him the evil stare, that'll do it. 

No comments: