This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Saturday, 6 October 2012

Yellow-browed At Littlesea

Yesterday a Yellow-browed Warbler was found on The Fleet at Littlesea, but unfortunately it decided to pour down after I left work. So, this morning found me scouring the wood in search of this gem. It wasn't easy, but I eventually located it. Luckily, I wasn't the only photographer present, because I failed dismally, but Geoff got lucky. Thanks for the photo Geoff.

Yellow-browed Warbler© Geoff Rogers

Also present were 10 Jays. The most I've seen at Littlesea in a single day.




News of a Little Bunting on Portland sent me away from The Fleet and off to the Isle. Sadly, no bunting, but we were treated to a Barn Owl.

It was distant and the light was pants.

Visited Portland one evening in the week, on Tuesday, when there had been a movement of Sooty Shearwaters. No Sooties unfortunately, but I was quite content with the 14 Balearic Shearwaters that we saw.



No comments: