This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Saturday, 22 December 2012

The Final Score

Let's round up the scores.

The Fleet Vs Portland.

So here are the final scores.

The Fleet = 57 points, with Yellow-browed Warbler and Waxwing adding to the score.

Portland = 156 points, with singles of Dusky and Pallas's Warblers, Serin, Hoopoe and LittleAuk, plus 6 Lapland Buntings, 3 Continental Coal Tits, 3 Red-necked Grebes and 7 Waxwings adding to the score. You'll notice I haven't included Black Guillemot in the totals, because I'm counting it as a returning individual. Also, Steller's Eider is not counted, on the basis that I don't believe it. Now, if that upsets people, then so be it, but I'm fully entitled to my opinion and seeming it's my opinion that counts here, there will be no arguing with me. Plus, I make the rules, so there.

Anyway, as you can see, The Fleet was well and truly thrashed by Portland, who scored heavily in the last quarter of this year. By comparison, the last quarter of the year for The Fleet was very poor indeed.

So, it's well done to Portland, though I did say from the outset that I thought you would win. Hope everyone has enjoyed the friendly rivalry over the past year, I know I've had fun with it.

No comments: