This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Iceland Gull

A well timed phone call from Luke, just as I was finishing work, informing me that an Iceland Gull had just dropped into Radipole Lake outside the visitor centre, was enough to send me hurtling down there. I must confess, I expected it to have flown off when I got there, as it was quite late in the day.

A 2nd-winter/3rd-calendar year bird.




On Monday, on the way back from work, I saw a female/immature Black Redstart in Cobham Drive, just around the corner from where I live.

Anyway, my 10km square photo year list is now on 39.

No comments: