This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Just An Update

Popped down to Radipole Lake Monday evening, but nothing of note, other than a couple of photo year ticks.


Adult male North Atlantic Cormorant.

1st-year Continental Cormorant.

Blimey, check out the knackered lower mandible on this adult Common Gull.

Yesterday, I thought I'd check out the Woodland Trust reserve at Chickerell Downs. The best could manage here was 9 Siskins.



Male Siskin.

This Wren was really going for it. Spring is but just around the corner.

Then I had a quick look at Portland Harbour from the Sandsfoot area, with 5 Slavonian and 20 Black-necked Grebes and 2 Velvet Scoters noted.


A slight improvement on my efforts to photograph the Black-necked Grebes. A couple here are starting to moult into summer plumage.

On getting home, the wintering Black Redstart was at the end of my road. The Black Redstart was still present this morning, plus I had 2 Blackcaps in the garden.


A naff photo of one of the two male Blackcaps today, taken through the kitchen window.

My 10km square photo year list increases to 77.

No comments: