This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Friday, 1 March 2013

A Day With Friends

The day started off with me accompanying my good friend Ian to Portland Bill. The highlight of a very pleasant walk was 10 Purple Sandpipers, otherwise, as expected, it was very quiet.

In the afternoon, I managed to get my injured mate Fred out for a spot of birding. We went out to Abbotsbury Swannery first, where we connected with 2 Long-tailed Ducks and 9 Scaup and finished off at Radipole Lake, with the Iceland Gull and a Yellow-legged Gull being the highlights.

Prior to picking up Fred, the Siberian Chiffchaff showed up again and showed very well in my garden and surrounding area, along with the Black Redstart.


9 Scaup at Abbotsbury Swannery.


1st-year Yellow-legged Gull at Radipole Lake.

2nd-year Iceland Gull with Herring Gulls.

No comments: