This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Friday, 15 March 2013

It Feels Like Spring Has Arrived

Had some stuff to do in town after work, but thanks to a text from Ian, enjoyed my first Wheatear of the year on the Bridging Camp fence, from the comfort of a dry and warm car.

Before heading to Camp Road, popped into Radipole Lake briefly and connected with my first Sand Martin of the year. 

In the week, my first migrant of the spring was a Chiffchaff singing on the way to work, while on the way back, the Black Redstart was still in residence at the end of my road. My wife and daughter had seen the Siberian Chiffchaff in the garden one day in the week also, so I remain hopeful I will see it again this weekend.

No comments: