This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Jack Snipe

Now, before anyone gives me any grief, I got a tip off about this bird and because it's an area where it could be easily disturbed and where it is being potentially dangerous to visiting birders, it was felt not to put the news out of it's whereabouts. Suffice to say, it is within my 10km square. Yesterday, spent the day at home with Fred and Ian, who were hoping to connect with the Siberian Chiffchaff.  Sadly, it didn't appear, but we did see a Black Redstart and a Blackcap in me garden.

Can you see it?


Oh, hello.



Trying to hide from me in the tiny amount of vegetation that was available.

No comments: