This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Sunday, 21 April 2013

A Hideous Beast

A rather uneventful weekend for me when it comes to birds, but I have been busy doing other things, so I'll just show you a few photos that I took.

Sandwich Tern on The Fleet at Littlesea.

One of my first Whitethroats of the year at Littlesea.


Male Chaffinch at Littlesea. Sorry, liked the bird against the background on these images.

A Red Kite that flew over my house today.


The title of today's post. Now, people who know me, know that I like me ducks and geese. Egyptian Goose on the other hand, is a right munter. It even sounds horrible. Anyway, this very tame and unringed bird on Lodmoor today was a welcome 10km square year tick though.

The Siberian Chiffchaff in my garden this evening.

And here is a Common Chiffchaff that was in my garden the other day for comparison.

No comments: