This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Thursday, 26 December 2013

HOLY SHIT! Brunnich's Guillemot, MEGA!!!

Well, I don't think any of us saw this one coming. I'd popped out first thing to look at the Glossy Ibis at Radipole Park, which on arrival, was still showing well and seemed very happy probing for food in the flooded football pitch. Had to return home as I was cooking dinner today. So, I'm just about to prepare the vegetables when the phones goes. Paul tells me the incredulous and PANIC! I dropped everything and sped off to Portland Marina. Couldn't have asked for better views of this mega rarity. Enjoy the pics below.






As you can see, it was showing ridiculously well. 

Showing the underwing.

And finally, the Glossy Ibis.





And yes, I did manage to get back and cook the dinner.

No comments: