This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Sunday, 23 February 2014

The End To A Frustrating Weekend

Have had very little reward from this weekends birding. Today's highlights were a Great Skua, an adult Little Gull and a Slavonian Grebe, all at Littlesea, The Fleet.

This Great Skua flushed masses of gulls off the Chesil Beach and at that point I felt confident I'd pick out a white winger.

But, the only thing I picked up....


Was this leucistic Herring Gull that I'd seen the other weekend. Where's the fucking justice. I want a white winger, not an aberrant piece of crap. 

No comments: