This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Saturday, 14 June 2014

A Dorset Tick

Today found me exploring inland Dorset. After a tip off, I checked out a secret site, where one of my Dorset bogey birds finally gave itself up, in the shape of a Goshawk. Sadly, no photos taken as the bird was watched for only a short while as it was carrying food in, presumably for some hungry chicks. Just the one sighting today, but I'll definitely be making a return visit. Also, a Red Kite seen at this site.

Some pics from today.


Corn Buntings.

The only raptors that approached closely today.

Buzzard.

Sparrowhawk.


Tree Pipit. Here caught in song flight.

No comments: