This blog is about my birding exploits, which mainly take place in the Weymouth/Portland area, in Dorset. Will also include stuff from elsewhere, plus some other critters too. Hope you enjoy. All photographs are © Brett Spencer, unless indicated otherwise. The above image is of a Siberian Rubythroat, taken in Holland in 2016.

Saturday, 11 November 2017

My Note to Mya-Rose AKA BirdgirlUK

Hello. Please hear me out. 

The tweets shown on BBC were not directed at or meant for you. Yes, I am anti religion, but I don't hate the people. I am truly sorry if you have felt threatened by my comments as this was never my intention. The South East Asian tweet was not well worded, I admit, and was said in anger as I was upset at seeing the wildlife crime in that region, especially China. On the Islam theme, as with all religion, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't hate you, or hate what you are doing. Being interested in birds and wildlife and getting other young people interested is a good thing, why would I detract you from that? I am married to a woman of Indian descent, so don't think I am racist. I have 2 girls of my own, so, I'm not in the business of bullying 15 year old girls. If you have felt bullied in my name, I certainly haven't done so. Sorry if you have felt that way though. I'm angry at the BBC for not being impartial and using comments out of context, but I want you to know that I am not angry with you. Keep getting young people enthused about nature, that is a great thing. But, avoid the term ethnic minority, enthuse all young people, as it doesn't matter whether they're green, blue or purple, they're all people.

One final note. I do hate, and don't hide the fact, that how Humans have treated other species and their environment with contempt is repugnant to me.

Take care and wish you all the best.

Brett 

No comments: